Thread: Looking for bees - Aberdeenshire

Default Looking for bees - Aberdeenshire

Hello, was lucky enough to acquire a swarm when I moved into my new house last summer, but being a secondary swarm the colony was rather small and have unfortunately not survived the winter.
    Had kept bees previously when I lived in Edinburgh, but lost the hives in a cold winter after moving north.

Looking for 1 (or if possible) 2 nucs (or even hives) to get going again. Based in northern Aberdeenshire, but more than willing to travel to collect bees. National hives ready and waiting.

Thanks,
    Kat.

Blog Entries

You could try Tony Harris. He's in Moray and will have nucs to sell this summer. Tony is 'ajtony' if you want to send him a private message on here.

hope that helps

Gavin

I would like to private message someone on the forum but need a few pointers on how to do it. Can someone assist?

Blog Entries

Sure. Two ways:

When you are logged in and at the main forum home page click 'Community' up top. Then 'Member list', find the member you wish to message and click on them. Sending them a message is one of the choices.

If you already know their forum name you can, instead of going to 'Community', go to 'Private messages'. If you open that there is a 'Send message' option.

G.

Thanks Gavin, will give that a try. - Jane