Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding day-old larvae

On the edge of a mature pine forest, Kingussie, Inverness-shire

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    The last pair I bought were these. Hmmm ... weird URL. If the link doesn't work search for item 111116484876. These seem perfectly OK for the relatively short time I wear them.

I need stronger ones than I need for reading. I tried various strengths on in Boots and made sure I could easily see commas or full stops in small fonts at the sort of working distance I do my grafting at. Then went and bought them at a quarter the price online.

Please don't blame me for the demise of the High Street shopping experience ...

BTW, no need to wear your bee suit when you check them for strength in Boots ... though you'll not be pestered by sales assistants if you do
    Sorry Fatshark I misunderstood you. I was meaning something more like this .....
    Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 09.47.16.jpg

Ah ha! … for headtorches I've usually chosen the Energizer ones like this. They're adjustable, comfortable, have low/high beam (or something like that) and the red LEDs are useful for using when you put queen cells into primed mini-nucs. I've tried (on, but never used) the ones with in built magnification and always found them uncomfortable - in this instance two 'tools' are better than one combined.