Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Plus frames

Blog Entries

Default Mini Plus frames

Anyone know if the wooden frames sold for the standard Mini Plus hives (the one entrance types) are the same as the ones for the Lyson 'Mini Bee Hives' (the ones with a removable partition and two entrances)?
    Last edited by gavin; 04-03-2015 at 12:25 AM.

Just measured one of the Lyson plastic sidebars. approx 175mm; I believe that the other type are approx 160mm. As far as I remember, the top bars are basically the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prakel View Post
    Just measured one of the Lyson plastic sidebars. approx 175mm; I believe that the other type are approx 160mm. As far as I remember, the top bars are basically the same.
    Excellent, many thanks. Not an ideal replacement but an acceptable one, it seems.

Hi Gav - not sure about your sizes but those lyson ones are excellent. Used the two entrance one last year for queen rearing and really liked them. Abelo sell them over here.

Blog Entries

Thanks GG, nice to have another vote of confidence for the Lyson Minipluses. Was in touch with Damien yesterday and will see him at Bee Tradex over the weekend. I'm looking around for a good price for everything I'm buying and there are some good deals from continental companies at the moment given the Euro rate.

Excellent. Will have to visit your set up sometime soon !

Blog Entries

You'd be most welcome. Currently it comprises my usual apiaries (two of them), a storage facility in Dundee and piles of paper in my lounge!

greengumbo
    It's going to be lovely day tomorrow for BeeTradex at Stoneleigh … just the sort of weather that makes you realise that the new season is about to start and you've not got enough supers/broods/hive tools/smokers/extractors etc. Wallet-emptying weather as the Sweinty people call it. Gavin might not be able to afford to return to Fife

I'll be happy to give him a lift when I move there in the summer, but until then he'll be running the forum from his phone, living in a huge polystyrene shelter on the Stoneleigh showground.

I can't (and daren't) go to BeeTradex for the reasons outlined in the first paragraph. And it gives me a bit longer to save for the sales at the Convention …

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    piles of paper in my lounge!
    Sounds like you have made yourself a kind of mouse nest. Did you shred the paper yourself?
    Load that into the back of the car and you will have somewhere comfy to curl up and sleep at tradex.