Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk cover photo

Blog Entries

Default Tapatalk cover photo

Morning Folks

For those of you who enjoy your favourite forum via Tapatalk, you've probably noticed that there is a collage of images at the top of the screen. Tapatalk are now offering us the ability to use our own. Does anyone have one which you think would be suitable? Or is there a favourite image already on here somewhere that sums up what goes on within?

We'd need an image without copyright issues and which is a PNG or JPG file with a minimum resolution of 960 x 540.

Gavin

I'd go for the image Jon posted of correx roofs … a nicely kept apiary, a field of flowering rape in the background, a little ingenuity and about 800 yards of gaffer tape. I think that sums up beekeeping very well.

Blog Entries

LOL. Buts that's not a field of Rape. It's just late evening sun on the pasture.
    When I use tapatalk there is a little red SBAI logo which appears.

For a small image you need a picture of something uncluttered such as a queen bee and attendants, a piece of honeycomb, something like that.

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

I thought Gavin referred to the mosaic image at the top - not the little logo image. (Gavin?) So you photo should fit - but maybe there are others as well?
    Kitta

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mellifera Crofter View Post
    I thought Gavin referred to the mosaic image at the top - not the little logo image. (Gavin?) So you photo should fit - but maybe there are others as well?
    Kitta
    Yes, it is the image behind the logo. The gentlemen of correx were likely just having a laugh. Maybe one of those beehive shots from a low angle with a flurry of workers in the air, or something clearly Scottish (penny-pinching bodges with correx look like an Irish/English characteristic to me!).

Here's a low angle vertigo inducing one, there must be better:

Blog Entries

Aha. I'm sure you are right MC. You could put in a bigger image then, but it would need to be one which looked ok with the device held either horizontally or vertically.

Gav. I have loads of images uploaded. You could search through those to see if there is anything suitable.

late-apidea-mating3.jpg willowherb7.jpg queen-being-superseded.jpg meg-belfast-beekeepers.jpg sealed brood.jpg
    Last edited by Jon; 03-03-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks. I'm starting to think that a collage showing the various activities we discuss here is maybe the way to go. That's a pity as it takes extra work ...

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    The gentlemen of correx were likely just having a laugh … penny-pinching bodges with correx look like an Irish/English characteristic to me!
    Coming to an apiary near you … sooner than you think

Blog Entries

Scots joking about penny pinching. Must be a sign that the end times are near. Buckle up for the Rapture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Scots joking about penny pinching. Must be a sign that the end times are near. Buckle up for the Rapture.
    I took the penny-pinching bodges with Correx as a compliment