Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QM Honey and Apiary

Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points eh!

Correct! Certification is usually via a German company. It includes such items as analysis of water used in the establishment and migration statistics for contact surfaces etc etc etc......A beekeeper near me paid 8,000 euros for a floor plan = where the supers would enter the premises, where the extractor would be, where the bottles would be stored etc etc. Batch number statistics and heat treatment for honey plus plus plus. All food handling premises must have it, from Greasy George's City sandwich van to FIDL.

Blog Entries

your mate paid way too much for it.
    The H&S training mandatory for beekeepers (handeling of foodstuffs) is free.
    8k€ for a floor plan, lolz he was ripped off - its about 50€s work...

Yes I know, but when the Health Department says "You either get this or close down" he had to go with the flow so to speak. When is he going to get the expense back? Probably never, as he had a serious accident soon afterwards and has not recovered very well.

I was joking, I had assumed it meant something else. Anyone with reasonable knowledge of their business could carry out hazard analysis. Sounds a little like a consultant scam

As a primary producer HACCP is not a requirement.