Thread: Swienty mini plus

Default Swienty mini plus

Is there anyone on the forum who owns a Mini Plus hive from Swienty? Are they any good? Would like to know the frame dimensions if anyone has them.

I believe that at least one person here has a few (hundred)! I have discussed them with a few people who've all rated them highly. In fact, but for issues outside of my immediate control I was all set to invest in 50 last year...still on the cards, depending how things go. I like the idea that you can buy the broods separately and, if you shop around it's possible to get them at a price where extra bodies could be kept for use as feeder ekes to eliminate the costly top feeders. This also gives the opportunity to make floors/roofs for those so inclined.

Just a side note, anyone who wants a few (to offset the shipping) but not too many, the French firm ICKO are selling off their remaining stock of the 'Kemp' mating hive which is basically the forerunner of the mini-plus boxes at 15 euros each.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo224 View Post
    Would like to know the frame dimensions if anyone has them.
    According to Holtermann's online catalogue they're 251mm(top bar) X 159mm.

Quote Originally Posted by prakel View Post
    According to Holtermann's online catalogue they're 251mm(top bar) X 159mm.
    Ideal, thanks. Have you had any experience of ordering any equipment from Europe?

Honningraat are very UK friendly; no problems. They've also got good price+postage on the mini plus' not sure how Swienty looks at present but when I did do a comparison Honningraat had the edge. Mind, Thornes will probably beat the lot if you can get your order up to the £100 free delivery limit or pick up local/at a show.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geo224 View Post
    Ideal, thanks. Have you had any experience of ordering any equipment from Europe?
    Hi
    yes I have done alot of trade with Holtermann, they are very good. Quick to fix quality issues or sort out refunds.
    I can recommend them.
    Overwintering queens in mini plus (on two magazines) format without issue here in south Germany.