Thread: Facebook page - "Scottish Beekeepers"

Default Facebook page - "Scottish Beekeepers"

I've said before the SBA should have its own Facebook page and the last I looked it still didn't have one. The BBKA and the Irish beekeepers have one and they're well supported. Just noticed this page in my recommended pages on FB and have just joined. We'll see if it's much kop. It could probably do with some (all?!) of you lot joining as well!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1392464804354872/

Blog Entries

Or alternatively we could start a FB page linked to this forum and the SBA web and magazine presence, hoping to provide an authoritative resource rather than one for the enthusiastic but inexperienced? We have discussed FB before and not all thought it a good idea - would it really provide a useful service or just duplicate this one in a new and less well archived form?

Well....you know my thoughts on the SBA/the forum/Facebook Gavin. I think it has much to recommend it. It reaches people that the forum maybe doesn't. Dare I say it the format may be less intimidating? I think an official SBA presence would also be more attractive to beekeepers who maybe have a bit more experience than say the page I linked to. I don't think it would detract from the forum either. This format is far more suited to the lengthy discussions some subjects merit. And if it's a question of manpower to moderate a FB page I'd be happy to offer my services if required.

Blog Entries

Kind offer, thanks Gerry. More in the PM I've just sent.

Received and replied Gavin - thanks

Just as an addendum to this thread I should say that I've now left this page on Facebook. I can't really be doing with the spreading of mis-information which was going on when I was there. I think the time for an SBA presence there is now long overdue after this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by drumgerry View Post
    Just as an addendum to this thread I should say that I've now left this page on Facebook. I can't really be doing with the spreading of mis-information which was going on when I was there. I think the time for an SBA presence there is now long overdue after this experience.
    lol, the 'heather honey' label, posted on 22/12 was enough for me!

The field of lavender or borage or a.n. other purple flower you mean?! It was all the guff about Aberdeenshire heaving with AFB that got me. Total p1sh but who cares whether it's true or not?!

My attitude is, if the admin posts something like that label and no one can be bothered to question it then the rest is almost certainly going to be **** too.