Thread: Winter sales - dates ?

Default Winter sales - dates ?

I've not seen the winter sale dates for Thornes Scotland yet - I see the English sales are from 3am (!!!) on the 3rd of Jan. Can we up here order online in this sale and then collect from Thornes in Scotland ? Or is it English sales for English Beeks ?

Any other retailer sales dates released yet ? Feel free to add them to this thread

Spoke to Thornes as I'm after some stuff this year. It's an online sale as the sale items will only be held at Rand. If your order online you can get your items transferred to Thornes Scotland for pickup.

Anyone received any winter sale orders yet ? I know thornes are slow to deliver anyway but just wondering.

Thorne's are coordinating deliveries with the availability of beekeepers and lack of availability of spouses/partners/bosses when deliveries are being made. Have patience greengumbo ... see it as a route to marital harmony and - do what I'm doing - use the time wisely to make sure you've got somewhere out-of-site to secrete those tape-wrapped boxes when they arrive

Blog Entries

I got mine last Thursday, it was a reasonable sized order, my delivery instructions are just to leave on the porch, helps with reorganising times to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    Thorne's are coordinating deliveries with the availability of beekeepers and lack of availability of spouses/partners/bosses when deliveries are being made. Have patience greengumbo ... see it as a route to marital harmony and - do what I'm doing - use the time wisely to make sure you've got somewhere out-of-site to secrete those tape-wrapped boxes when they arrive
    Unfortunately "Operation Winter Sale" went badly when my accountant (ie wife) spied a big chunk of funds going from the joint account to E H Thorne Beekeeping supplies.

Commence "Operation Mollify".

Quote Originally Posted by greengumbo View Post
    ... joint account …
    That's where you went wrong … rookie error.

Huge brown box smelling of cedar goodness arrived here today … now unpacked and carefully secreted in the shed

WHY all the secrecy from the wife. WHY NOY get her involved in your beekeeping ?. My wife has now developed such keenness about OUR (my) bees that this year she studied for and passed (with honours) her basic beemaster and is now studying hard for module 1. I can tell you - buying equipment is definitely NOT an issue in this household.