Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Polish Bees: The last straw?

Where are the two prospective "importers" getting their funding from ?.

Eric McArthur: Conspiracy with intent to commit a criminal act - arson. Just about the most disgusting post I've read on beekeeping forums.
    Last edited by Duncan; 12-12-2014 at 11:15 AM.

I would have thought that Admin would have taken action over this inflammatory post - unless of course he actually agrees with it!

Duncan - I think it's a fair bet that Gavin who runs this forum will not be of one mind with Eric on this subject. You'll just have to wait for him to turn up!

I took until 1996 for Varroa to reach SouthLancashire , there were no secret moon light hive flittings it was a steady North bound March from Torbay in 1992.
    Like the Scottish, we thought the Norther latitudes would be our saviour but not so .
    I like many others abhor the post by Eric . Stupidity springs to mind .
    I'm glad Gavin hasn't stepped in too soon, not doing so has given reasonable people time to express their disapproval of his mad rant !
    WW .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to talk! 'Babies and Bathwater' spring to mind though!
    It seems more heat than light is being generated here!
    Perhaps it is time to have a football match in 'No Man's Land.

Eric stop trying to defend an indefensible position is serves only to endorse your crassness!

Meanwhile back in Huddersfield:

Dear -------,

Various discrepancies in the story concerning the bees have been brought to my attention and as such the story is now being removed from the University’s website.
    John Ramsdin
    PR Manager, University of Huddersfield

If we could stop the tit for tat for a few moments & bring it back to the original subject:

1 The original post was useful
    2 Erroneous information has been removed from the Huddersfield Uni website (no- one was burned in the process)
    3 Bee keepers hopefully are thinking about the need to import bees in the light of recent issues

Personal attacks/accusations at posters who post questionable/controversial comments are nearly always unhelpful & detract from
    the issue
    Best to ignore? not always easy I know
    This forum is normally a bastion of sanity lets keep it that way?

Aye I think the thread has run its course and I hope this forum has emerged a little stronger
    I subscribe to quite a few fora mostly bee related and find this one the most balanced and civilised , people will I hope resist posting endless copy about the same subject ad nauseum !
    WW

Blog Entries

Root cause is still the same. Not enough colonies to keep up with demand. So rather than import better improve beekeepers skills to make imports unnecessary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk