Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polish Bees: The last straw?

Default Polish Bees: The last straw?

More trouble?

Huddersfield University business students set up firm to import Eastern European bees
    http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...es-fly-8257933

Light the blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance.....

Ewa’s father is an experienced beekeeper in a country which is ahead of Britain when it comes to looking after hives. Michael said that in Poland there was much less of a problem with ‘colony collapse disorder’ and there was a greater openness to innovation and new ideas.

Never read such a load of bo**ocks, they should never be allowed to write such rubbish in a paper.

Where's Nigel Farrage?

What a load of ignorant fiction.

Nice to hear that most of the hives used in Britain date to the 1920s!! That'll be Thornes out of business then. Utter tripe clearly written by an ignoramus. Were journalists always this stupid?!

If its upset you register & leave a comment on the article?

I think SBA should be looking into pushing for some form of statutory regulation
    for people wanting to operate these types of schemes

Er....they're in England where the SBA has no remit! And rather than upset I think it's probably fair to say we're all a bit worn out and world weary with these endless "let's cash on the disappearing bees" pyramid schemes.

All we can do here is inform Scottish beekeepers using this forum, the SB magazine, local associations and anybody who will listen; that failing UK/Scottish government action on imports, we the beekeeping community maintain a strict vigil and report any beekeeper, who brings foreign bees into Scotland, to their nearest local association for wider promulgation! Name and shame! - perhaps even the odd incendiary accident!!!

As an aside. Gavin any word on the Eastern European 'industrial' Bumble Bee breeding project?

I'm sorry but that last post is simply ridiculous Eric. "Incendiary accident"????? Surely you're joking. And as for name and shame and reporting this,that and the other - no....just no. We need to make imports illegal but to do it using the law. Vigilante actions such as you are suggesting can only bring the people concerned into disrepute or perhaps to a court of law themselves. I for one won't be part of a beekeeping version of the Daily Mail/Sun "string em up" brigade.