Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Processing heather honey

Hi everyone after reading this thread it has got me thinking (that gave me a sore head)
    Am I correct in thinking that you would use wired foundation and then use the Smith cutter/scraper to remove the honey from the frames and leaving the foundation for reusing again next year? If my thinking is correct I could use a mixture of wired and unwired and save some money ?

Quote Originally Posted by gwizzie View Post
    you would use wired foundation and then use the Smith cutter/scraper to remove the honey .. leaving foundation for reusing next year? I could use a mixture of wired and unwired ?
    Yes, that's right and if I remember correctly,C4U mentioned that he uses wired foundation at the heather- you could use a Smith cutter as I do, its convenient, but check previous posts C4U can optimise yield by extracting and leaving drawn comb for the following year. He will have access to a bit more kit so to go the Smith cutter and honey press route might be most simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Feckless Drone View Post
    Yes, that's right and if I remember correctly,C4U mentioned that he uses wired foundation at the heather- you could use a Smith cutter as I do, its convenient, but check previous posts C4U can optimise yield by extracting and leaving drawn comb for the following year. He will have access to a bit more kit so to go the Smith cutter and honey press route might be most simple.
    Hey FD thanks for the info as new to this I'm learning all the time, haven't found anything on how you use them video ect ect might ask C4U on the best way to use it.?