Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Honey pricing

organic … pick a number, a large number

Blog Entries

add 5 pounds because you do not gas your bees with cyanide or slaughter the drones in the autumn (FOE)
    add 5 pounds bacause the atlantic air is free of fine particle polutants (therefore so is the honey)
    add 5 pounds because of the naturally added sea salt from the briney air
    add 25 pounds because they are the foraging bees of neolithic orkneys UNESCO site (if they are within 20 miles of it on a windy day)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alclosier View Post
    Saw a pound jar of blossum for sale today for £12 in St Andrews...
    A bit of detective work today on the occasion of a meeting with a forum friend.

1/2 lb blossom - £6.99
    1 lb Scottish heather honey - £12.99, yes 12.99

Quality of product - poor, some with liquid sitting on top of crystalised. Claimed heather honey looks no more than 50% heather honey to me.

Labels - some creased

Producer - not declared. 'Packed for Glencarse Foods, Kilda Street, Perth'

I think we are going around selling honey the wrong way! It must sell at that price in St Andrew's.

Blog Entries

maybe time to put my prices up ! that 1lb jar in the middle top looks like it might be starting to ferment, it looks all wet around the lid and is that a dribble of honey on the shelf between the hex and round jars ? Glencarse do a wide range of fancy foods, they either bought honey in bulk and self packed or supplied already by a beekeeper in unlabelled jars. As glencarse take on the role as being the producer they are soley responsible regards insurance so the beekeeper who supplies is not liable should there be a dead bee / wasp in the honey jar. (thats my opinion)

Hi All,

New to the forum. I am looking for anyone selling honey in quantity bottled. If you are please do get in touch with me via private message.