Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honey pricing

Blog Entries

Don't you go exploiting all those folk with more money than sense fatshark!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alclosier View Post
    Is it his? IG so good effort!
    Not yet! However FS may have competition for places on those £12/lb shelves.

Blog Entries

I'm guessing that the honey may be from John Mellis - whoever's it is (and especially if John's ) any honey I may have for sale will go to shops that don't already have an arrangement with a supplier. Or farmers markets.

Blog Entries

Glencarse?!!!! That's the next village along from my current main site: http://www.sbai.org.uk/sbai_forum/sh...ll=1#post29688

Looks rather like OSR-dominated spring honey too rather than something refined and special. AND I don't know a beekeeper in Glencarse, despite being active in both associations that might cover the area. Gobsmacked.

I would have taken a picture of the label but I was scarred I might drop it and have to pay for it!

Orkney (it’s usually cool and windy but somehow the bees survive!)

Last year when I was selling my honey for £4.50 a jar I felt a bit guilty about the price but after coming across this in the Daily Mail it looks like mine was far too cheap. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/fo...price-tag.html
    So following the example of the Tregothnan Cornish Floral Manuka Honey here’s how I intend to market mine this year (that’s if I get any).
    I will start with a base price of £4.95 for a 12oz jar.
    Add £5.00 because it’s from Orkney.
    Add £5.00 because it’s from Varroa free bees.
    Add £5.00 for the type of honey, it will be called Curly Dodie (Orcadian words for wild clover).
    Add £5.00 because my bees will be working the same flowers as the very rare Great Yellow Bumble Bees.
    That comes to only £24.95 for a jar of my honey. Oh I almost forgot the retailer still has to add their mark up. Please let me know if I have missed anything out.

Sorry about the link right click it and select open.
    Last edited by lindsay s; 13-04-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Add £5 because the bees are close to Apis mellifera mellifera, the native honeybee of Scotland (£10 if you'd documented that well)

Add £15 because the bees have been discussed on the foremost bee forum around, SBAi!

£45 and counting .......