Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frame making epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    So do I when the time comes . He's still grateful! One tip I learned from a quick scan of this thread: PolyHive seems to lubricate his with jam, jam, jam, and that doesn't work. All these raspberry pips must get in the way. I must find somethng better ....
    I've come across a few who have had difficulties, and it's turned out to be glue or other gunge caught up in it. Sawdust & WD40 mush was another. The little lightweight ones are operating close to the edge of their capabilities and everything has to be right. Good hand pressure & not letting the gun recoil is another thing.

Oh, and jam will jam. So will honey & propolis.... that was another.....

Well dinna try honey the bees are dreadful for getting stuck or should I say jammed.

With any kit the acid question is would one buy it again. Tacdaft.. never ever again.

PH

Blog Entries

Here's a man who *really* knows how to use his Tacwise.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Not sure if the link will work but that's a cracking pile of frames.

Make sure you view the 'previous' and 'next' images as well. I like the ceiling-mounted storage solution.
    I've only once seen a bigger pile of prepared frames than the stack next to the bike … a large lorry load (literally) in a shed near you Gavin.

Blog Entries

Here's a man who *really* knows how to use his Tacwise.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Not sure if the link will work but that's a cracking pile of frames.

Thats a real case of bee fever - way to go, megga

Blog Entries

Rather than brush off the Tacwise I took piles of frame components and wax sheets to the first of our beginners' classes last night and we got them to wield light hammers. They get to write their names on the top bars so can visit the association apiary later to see what the bees think of their handiwork.

Rather than brush off the Tacwise I took piles of frame components and wax sheets to the first of our beginners' classes last night and we got them to wield light hammers. They get to write their names on the top bars so can visit the association apiary later to see what the bees think of their handiwork.
    Excellent delegation work Gav. I'm not sure I would trust some of my associates to wield lighters let alone light hammers.

Just for the record my jamming was with brand new machines, fresh out the box. No chance of crud build up and I have a bit of experience with machinery after some 28 years in the oilfields. They are frankly not fit for purpose.

PH

Quote Originally Posted by Poly Hive View Post
    Just for the record my jamming was with brand new machines, fresh out the box. No chance of crud build up and I have a bit of experience with machinery after some 28 years in the oilfields. They are frankly not fit for purpose.

PH
    Likewise., the one I got fed up with and passed on was also straight out of the box. I'll stick to my little compressor and staple gun - never given a moments problem.

Aaaaaaaaand also for the record is that I have similar credentials and mine continue to work fine. I've just thrown up a shed using the bigger one, and my wife's making super frames as I write with the little one - no hint of a jam on either.

Maybe they have had a quality management issue? Who can tell?