Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parliament bees

Blog Entries

Apparently honeybees in the UK have declined dramatically, by over two thirds some say! Never fear, Kelvin Valley Honey comes to the rescue .....

Well what those videos show is that if you have the neck to play up all the scare stories/lies the media peddles about bees then you can get an awful lot of public money for yourself. I think our job is to debunk them at every opportunity and to make sure they don't achieve their objectives to put their imported/non-native bees in communities up and down the country. It's really a pretty terrifying business model based on the exploitation of bees. And maybe it was just me but in the first video I was half expecting him to be wearing a suicide vest and have banners with arabic writing behind him!

Yep Gavin all too busy right now - once the season quietens down we should organise something. Every time something like this comes up I find myself wishing that the interests of our native bees and those who love them had a voice. Maybe the likes of KVH would have to think again if we did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumgerry View Post
    Well what those videos show is that if you have the neck to play up all the scare stories/lies the media peddles about bees then you can get an awful lot of public money for yourself. I think our job is to debunk them at every opportunity and to make sure they don't achieve their objectives to put their imported/non-native bees in communities up and down the country.
    Yep. The so called decline decline in Europe is actually a 7% increase between 2005 and 2010.
    There are far too many organizations spinning this tripe about bee decline in order to attract funding.