Thread: Beekeeping magazines

Default Beekeeping magazines

I seem to remember a discussion along these lines before but I can't find it, anyway what journals are people reading and any recommendations? I subscribe to beecraft and Scottish beekeeper

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't find Beecraft much kop. After a year or so it feels like the articles get recycled. I subscribe to the American Bee Journal and Bee Culture and I enjoy the different perspective on beekeeping those give me. Beekeepers Quarterly isn't bad but to me it's affy thin for the money!

Blog Entries

The Native Irish Honeybee Society (NIHBS) has a colour magazine which you get 4 times a year when you join.
    There are some back articles on the website

Some of the articles are good but it is blighted with unsubstantiated wing morphometry waffle at times, although not as badly as the Bibba magazine.
    I would like to see more practical beekeeping articles and practical stuff about bee breeding and queen rearing.
    It used to be the magazine of the Galtee Bee Breeding Group circulated to under 100 people but since NIHBS took it over the last print run was about 700.