Well, that has put the cat among the pigeons, I had not anticipated such a diverse response. Can I start by saying that I agree with most of what has been said and would like to respond. I have been running a large number of colonies of "Scottish mongrel" bees for something like 25 years and am well aware of temperament issues. I consider my bees to be perfectly manageable and have the less than desirable re-queening method of waiting for the bees to produce their own queen cells and splitting. (In other words I am selectively breeding a swarmy bee.) It is a system which works for me but is not ideal. On two occasions in the past I brought in a small number of Carniolan queens which are more gentle and productive than my standard colonies and have not proved a problem in terms of temperament several generations on.
Last year, as a consequence of the heavy winter losses experienced all over I bought Buckfast packages both for myself and the SSBKA apiary. They have proved to be perfect for the training apiary, their temperament is ideal.
How their outcrosses behave will need to be monitored carefully.

One of the points raised is that what Luisa is trying to do ought to be done by the local associations in their training apiaries. Too right. The problem is it is not being done enough to meet the need. I am heavily involved in the SSBKA and last year was able to help to supply 50 of the Buckfast packages to members who had lost their bees at cost plus a £15 donation to the associations funds. Members seem to be delighted and are asking for more this summer.
So while in an ideal world the association would satisfy demand the reality is that there are potential beekeepers out there who cannot source their bees.
Then on to mentoring. Absolutely essential. The concerns about Luisa having limited experience are not unreasonable but you must remember that someone working with 20 to 30 hives a day, at least 5 days a week will see as much in a season as the average hobby beekeeper will see in a lifetime. In two years she will have opened a hive perhaps 2000 times and there is not much more I can teach her. However should she need it I am around to advise.
Fat Shark and jon make the point about the need for training and mentoring targeted at hands on practical beekeeping as well as focussing on exams. I could not agree more. The ssbka has many new recruits and finding mentors for them is a serious problem.
Finally on the issue of whether we need more bees. We can interpret statistics to say what we want so I will just pick two points from Tom Breeze's paper for you to consider.
1. The recommended number of honeybees required to provide crop pollination across Europe has risen 4.9 times as fast as honeybee stocks between 2005 and 2010
2. The UK is 40th out of 41 European countries in its ability to meet that demand. We did manage to beat Moldova but still we cannot meet even 25% of the target.
Does that not justify needing more bees and beekeepers?

In conclusion, I hope you will agree her proposal has taken most of your concerns into account and you will be able to offer her some encouragement.