Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Module 3 - exam papers?

Blog Entries

You're spot on Neil. We shouldn't be making exam papers freely available unless the owners are happy with that, and it seems that they're not.

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

Thank you everybody. I've thoroughly learned that I can buy the papers and I understand the reasoning for not wanting it published. Thanks also Black Comb and Neil for trying to help.
    Kitta

... And than you Blsckcavebees. K

ps: another correction - I've used my new smartphone and typing on it is still a problem at times as you can see above, Blackcavebees. K
    Last edited by Mellifera Crofter; 20-10-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Both national associations encourage learning and exams. I can not see either of them being so mean as to object to students swopping copies of past papers.
    Perhaps Neil came across one of the many pedants that inhabit some other fora!

The beekeeping associations make an overall loss on their examinations and assessments. Selling past papers at £1 each is not alot to pay and helps to keep the examination fees down. They would rather not put up the fees as this leads to a drop off in exam entries. Although they are only a few sheets of paper many hours have been spent constructing them. In a way copying them is a form of piracy.

SBA members have supported that charity already
    even commercial publications allow 20% to be copied for educational purposes
    The SBA mission statement says they educate beekeepers
    There is no financial motivation for the copying so piracy is not an issue
    what good are past papers to any organisation ? they can't set the same questions again
    If there is any piracy I know where I would point the finger
    Charities make a loss that's the whole point, people give up time energy and money to support something they believe in
    The money people donate is not intended as an investment
    Apologies to Neil I see the problem now ---amazing

It would help if the SBA website could mention somewhere that old examination papers are available for purchase. If it's there at all, then I've missed it.
    Kitta