Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIBBA Conference 2014

Default BIBBA Conference 2014

Hi All

I haven't been on here for a while but I'm glad to see it's still thriving.

I have great news for native bee enthusiasts as well as anyone else who might be interested in improving their bees or learning more about natives and near natives.

BIBBA have been busy planning their next biennial conference and have some early information which is ready for release.

It coincides with BIBBA's 50th year as well as SICAMM's biennial conference so they have joined forces to produce a bigger and better conference than in previous years.

Details below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The BIBBA 50th Anniversary Conference combined with the SICAMM Biennial Conference

BIBBA (Bee Improvement and Bee Breeders' Association) is pleased to announce their 50th Anniversary Conference in collaboration with SICAMM (Societas Internationalis pro Conservatione Apis Melliferae Melliferae) their European partners, hosted by South Clwyd BKA.

The conference is open to everyone and the focus is on bee improvement and the management of native and near native honey bees. The three day Conference will take place from 26th – 28th September 2014 at the Pavilion, Llangollen, North Wales, where delegates will learn about improving their own stocks of honey bees, whilst enjoying an excellent and varied social programme.

For those wishing to extend their visit, the Llangollen area benefits from stunning scenery and a variety of activities and culture to suit all tastes.

Enquiries to: Trisha Marlow 07812 518822 or bibba.uk@gmail.com

Further details of the event when available may be viewed at:
    BiBBa: www.bibba.com
    siCaMM: www.sicamm.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Current plans are for 3 simultaneous lecture streams covering all levels from basic methods of beekeeping and making increase, to advanced queen rearing and academic studies.

Further details about the venue and Llangollen can be found on: llangollenpavilion.co.uk

There is plenty of exciting stuff in the planning stage for the conference but I can't say too much until they are confirmed but it's showing all the potential of a truly memorable event.

I hope to see plenty of you there.

All the best
    Steve
    Last edited by Rosie; 16-10-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Blog Entries

I'll be there. I was in contact with Roger Patterson about it a couple of weeks ago.

I'll be there too ! A lovely part of the world to spend a few days in September, and lots of interesting lectures by the sound of it. Hopefully be able to put a few usernames to faces and share a dram or two.

There might be free nosh for 400. I hope we get more than two!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    There might be free nosh for 400. I hope we get more than two!
    That's a definite maybe from me.

Gavin I would be most disappointed not to see you there - free nosh or no free nosh. There promises to be a large contingency from our Irish brothers, not to mention the Welsh, English and all the Europeans that SICAMM will bring along.

The venue is capable of handling any number we can throw at it and the more we get then the better the programme will be.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Gavin I would be most disappointed not to see you there - free nosh or no free nosh. There promises to be a large contingency from our Irish brothers, not to mention the Welsh, English and all the Europeans that SICAMM will bring along.

The venue is capable of handling any number we can throw at it and the more we get then the better the programme will be.

Steve
    I reckon I will get along - sounds excellent.

Montgomery, Wales....turn west for England

Hot off the press. Please register (just name and email) to receive information and notification of bookings opening direct to your email:

Here

Hope to see lots of you there,

Trisha
    Last edited by susbees; 18-10-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi Trisha

Very 21st century - I *am* impressed! Done.

G

Even I have registered...(must be old age and Alzsimers err.. how do I spell it?:-)