Doing a spot of Googling to try to find a Scottish Government page I saw a while back that promised more details of the subsidised importation 'to follow'. In the process I came across these documents. An interesting read for anyone interested in the 'restocking' (importation) programme and maybe this is a good point at which to start a discussion on where the SBA should go from here.

The scheme. The bee farmers lost '4,000 colonies, equating to more than 50% of the bee farmers stock'.

www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0042/00425856.docx

Application form: www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0042/00425871.docx

I see that the form is explicit that a Freedom of Information Request might force the government to release details given on the form.

Annex A: www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0042/00425858.docx

Including .....

4. The Programme is also open to Local Beekeeping Associations which are formally constituted and affiliated to the Scottish Beekeepers Association and that have training apiaries. Replacement stocks will be restricted to a maximum of 6 colonies per Association. In addition educational establishments with established training apiaries that have suffered winter losses may also be eligible.

Also, anyone who lost 20 colonies or more can get a piece of the action.