Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drifting and downright squatting

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Bee View Post
    DR, the tan coloured Italian to which you refer is or used to be known as the Ligurian Italian. It was more or less the colour of leather - is that the one you have in mind?
    Yes Dark Bee I have a queen that fits that description exactly
    She is a hybrid though and so above the Snelgrove board I have taken down her bees queen cells and replaced with a queen cell from the next door hive
    The reason is not colour but the general grumpiness when inspecting and early season had Chalkbrood

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That concept you describe is known as 'cryptic female choice', ie the workers can actively select a particular larva as opposed to picking one at random. I think the jury is still out on that one. The Bibba magazine had an article on this a few years back but I was not entirely convinced. Par for the course with Bibba magazine articles actually. There has been some pure stream of consciousness stuff in it recently.
    I think it was Keith Delaplane who posited that there is essentially a 'royal' genetic line that consistently shows up in the genes of queens.