Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slugs in hives

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Bee View Post
    You have not as yet provided any elaboration on the above. What were you attempting to convey?
    Humour, DB.
    Happens sometimes on the bee forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy beesy View Post
    Slugs in my poly nucs too. Do you use the plastic crown board thingy they supply? I think it's that.
    My hives didn't come with a plastic crownboard, but I had them cut from a sheet of acrylic. I don't think that's what encouraged the slugs, because they're on all the hives - and the slugs were only in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Humour, DB.
    I think related to the recent meat processing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Humour, DB.
    Would that it were. We have not been favoured with an expansion so I fear the op must have returned unexpectedly early one afternoon and found a jockey under the bed, that would certainly explain the acerbic comment, especially if the joc was Irish. Perhaps he is disappointed that when the two French horses in this years Grand National finished, it was too late for photographs. The Prix de L'arc de Triomphe has been won most frequently by French horses ( not surprising as it's a french race and the handicapper is usually to be relied upon), but Ireland, a country which is but a fraction of the size of France is next in producing winners .
    The whole suggestion of Irish thoroughbreds being slow is preposterous and a slur on any horse that ever looked through a bridle, insulting to those who produce these animals and shows contempt for the stable boys and girls who receive but little recognition for their hard work.
    I shall not comment further and as far as I'm concerned the matter is now closed. But if Chriss Cross or whatever he calls himself, would like to ride an Irish hunter(point to point) or a thoroughbred then we will certainly accomodate him.

fast and tasty as well

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    fast and tasty as well
    Appoint your seconds Sir,
    I will have satisfaction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    fast and tasty as well
    LOL at local fast food. Never been a better time to be a vegetarian.
    And we still don't know who ate Shergar.

I fear the op must have returned unexpectedly early one afternoon and found a jockey....
    It was a slug he found stretched out between two frames, eight of them in fact, enough for a decent race.
    Last edited by Jon; 20-05-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Only those that run more slowly than Irish race horses.
    Ok DB. As you seem to have taken offense, there is nothing I wrote that implies that an Irish race horse runs slowly.My phrase states that the French would only eat snails that run more slowly than an Irish race horse, i.e. all snails. The choice of an IRISH race horse as opposed to a FRENCH race horse was that we can sometimes catch (and therefore eat) FRENCH race horses (as the recent illegal horse meat scandal shows) whereas we could never catch an IRISH race horse.Because they (the IRISH race horses) run faster.
    I love explaining jokes, even bad ones. I can't make the smilies work: perhaps that's how wars start.

Appoint your seconds Sir,
    I will have satisfaction.
    Lol! 'fraid it will have to be that murderin injun Tonto though frankly I wouldn't trust him to load a fridge
    There's hardly a buffalo or horse anywhere safe from him he'll eat anything which makes me wonder if he might have some French ancestry in his bloodline
    Still I digress
    I choose insults at dawn

Appoint your seconds ...
    Can you choose meringue, or apple pie and custard?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Can you choose meringue, or apple pie and custard?
    If that's a possible option I choose apple pie