Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A battle is raging....apparently!

Default A battle is raging....apparently!

http://www.scotsman.com/news/environ...pers-1-2880342

I see the letter referred to is from that paragon of reasoned debate Graham White/borderbeeman. The quotations are absurd in the extreme - the extinction of every bird and bee beckons courtesy of neonics apparently. Do these journalists take the time to even find out whose propaganda they're publishing? Nice picture of a bumble though - clearly their photo library doesn't extend to the honeybee.

Quote Originally Posted by drumgerry View Post
    http://www.scotsman.com/news/environ...pers-1-2880342

I see the letter referred to is from that paragon of reasoned debate Graham White/borderbeeman. The quotations are absurd in the extreme - the extinction of every bird and bee beckons courtesy of neonics apparently. Do these journalists take the time to even find out whose propaganda they're publishing? Nice picture of a bumble though - clearly their photo library doesn't extend to the honeybee.
    In many ways he is a 'paragon of reasoned debate'.
    I don't think he posted this piece on this forum,so I'll give the link: http://www.gdriveurl.com/?idl=813645622675&out=1
    I fail to see how anybody would not be moved to try to change some of our current practices after reading this coherent observational essay on our foolish mistreatment of wildlife.
    It takes a while to read, but well worth it. Good photos,too.

It would be good if some of those who voted against Eric's motion were to read Graham's piece above, then reflect.(Gavin, Jon, Phil?)
    Last edited by worm (JTF3); 07-04-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Default A battle is raging....apparently!

Rachel Carson (The Silent Spring ) Rang alarm bells 60 years ago regarding the indiscriminate use of insecticides and herbicides!
    WW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wee willy View Post
    Rachel Carson (The Silent Spring ) Rang alarm bells 60 years ago regarding the indiscriminate use of insecticides and herbicides!
    WW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If that is meant as a comparison,I'm sure he would be flattered.
    Another comparison could be with the writings of John Muir.
    Last edited by worm (JTF3); 06-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    In many ways he is a 'paragon of reasoned debate'.
    I don't think he posted this piece on this forum,so I'll give the link: http://www.gdriveurl.com/?idl=813645622675&out=1
    I fail to see how anybody would not be moved to try to change some of our current practices after reading this coherent observational essay on our foolish mistreatment of wildlife.
    It takes a while to read, but well worth it. Good photos,too.

It would be good if some of those who voted against Eric's motion were to read Graham's piece above, then reflect.
    Nobody found the time to read and reply?

Life's too short.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    Nobody found the time to read and reply?
    People who have time on their hands will inevitably waste the time of people who have work to do.

Yes read, enjoyed and thanks for the link
    A very well reasoned article.

Quote Originally Posted by Neils View Post
    People who have time on their hands will inevitably waste the time of people who have work to do.
    Thats me in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by drumgerry View Post
    Life's too short.
    And it's you who criticises me for posting irrelevant stuff here!