Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why did the SBA vote to keep Neonics?

LOL!!

Would the same effect not be possible by campaigning to adjust the rape subsidy so that untreated crops receive a better level of payment that ones treated
    That might negate some of the farmers arguments about loss of earnings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    LOL!!

Would the same effect not be possible by campaigning to adjust the rape subsidy so that untreated crops receive a better level of payment that ones treated
    That might negate some of the farmers arguments about loss of earnings etc.
    Farmers don't need more red tape to negotiate. They should know that crop rotations,bees to pollinate the crop,and clean soil is their best way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    Nice!
    And I thought there was a fresh ethos of going for the ball not the player.....
    So it's fine for you to say that your posts are more important than Trog's? I must say I'll not be long for this forum if you're going to stay around.

Hi worm

Farmers make lots of money from negotiating red tape
    They do know about crop rotations etc of course but at the end of the day they go where the money is
    The chicken factory in Letham makes 10p / chicken it kills
    Now I wouldn't kill anything for 10 pence but the Mitchell family who owned the factory have become millionaires from huge sheds of full of birds growing super fast-- then into lorries --off to the factory --hung by feet-- through stun bath ---throat cut-- plucking machine-- hey presto mansion to live in

Blog Entries

Nice!
    And I thought there was a fresh ethos of going for the ball not the player.....
    Lead by example then. You're being treated no worse, if not considerably better, than how you treat others collectively and individually on this forum, so don't try playing the "nasty man is being mean to me." Card.

That is me you're talking about.
    The reason I come across as 'single issue' on this site is that I'm not just interested in bees, but in the healthy life of the planet,in the whole.
    If we allow free reign to global companies to maximise their profits regardless of the longer term consequenses,it will be a right mess.Something like the banks.
    You're right,I'm not very interested in vicarage garden party discussions on the best type of hive etc. but I do care for our balance of natural systems and how we could improve things.
    If this is not a suitable place to air such views I'm sorry,very sorry.
    I have heard all this "global companies " stuff many times before.
    From people using PCs/Macs developed by global companies, using electricity..produced by global companies and living in houses with wiring systems mined and produced by global companies.

I suggest you take a few years to learn some basic economics. The only people - apart from governments - who have the capital to fund major projects on which your - and my - lifestyle depends - are global companies.

By all means try to reform them but this is not the place.

It IS the place for "vicarage garden party "discussions and your contempt for that shows your contempt for most beekeepers.

And then you try to enlist our support?

And get upset when the replies you get are less than positive?

Time to learn some diplomacy. Edit : and some basic human psychology..
    Last edited by madasafish; 07-04-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madasafish View Post
    Time to learn some diplomacy. Edit : and some basic human psychology..
    like the drama triangle
    where we have a persecuted, a persecutor, and a rescuer
    The rescuer comes in to help and ends up being the persecuted

so if I say "bit harsh" I become the rescuer and.. Oh! no what an I doing?? .... wait! it wasn't me -it was the vicar
    (best read in a Frasier Crane voice)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumgerry View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly. I'd far rather read anything Trog has to say on beekeeping on Mull (or elsewhere) than any of the mostly argumentative guff you are producing in your second, much lamented stint on this forum. Or any of the equally unpleasant stuff you spewed up in your first stint.
    That's very kind of you, Drumgerry. I remember the anti-GM rants that used to appear in the magazine. I skimmed them, sighed, then considered whether SBA membership was worth the cost. I wanted to learn how to be a better beekeeper rather than feel the SBA was forcing me to campaign on farming matters. Whatever happened to GM? Is it still the global-control bogeyman? Or has the new bogeyman replaced it entirely as GM was found not to be the precursor of Armageddon?

'The topics I choose to raise on this forum are probably of greater importance' ....... have you any idea how puffed-up you sound, Wormey?

I make the following comparison of the anti neonics campaigners with beekeepers.

Any semi experienced beekeeper knows :

- Opening a hive daily is likely to result in increased hostility from the bees.
    - Opening daily and prodding the bees with a stick is likely to annoy them further
    - Having more than one person opening the same hive daily and prodding them with a stick is likely to infuriate them.

So what do the campaigners do?

They post often
    They prod the forum inhabitants with aspersions they are not caring for bees' welfare and accuse anyone who disagrees as being "pro" neonics.(or a lot worse)
    They often come mob handed and post lots of times a day.

And then they complain that no-one listens to them and they are treated rudely.

If they treated bees like they did humans, they would have no bees.
    Last edited by madasafish; 07-04-2013 at 01:34 PM.