Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Colony losses

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

Thanks Jon. So it's not just the African bees that take off - ours do it too. I didn't know that.

"I was on the doorstep trying to get rid of a guy who wanted to re-tarmac my drive". He wasn't Irish by any chance was he? (Or maybe we send English Tarmacers over there)? My old neighbour used a shot-gun to get rid of the tarmacer that was pestering him. Bees maybe a better bet for us!

I had a mini-nuc swarm this year. It was a warm day and they had very little room. The clipped queen was found so I got them back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    "I was on the doorstep trying to get rid of a guy who wanted to re-tarmac my drive". He wasn't Irish by any chance was he? (Or maybe we send English Tarmacers over there)? My old neighbour used a shot-gun to get rid of the tarmacer that was pestering him. Bees maybe a better bet for us!
    Hi big selling point was that he wasn't one of the tarmacers you are thinking of - but he certainly had an N. Irish accent which is not in itself surprising on a driveway in Belfast.
    An Englishman claiming knowledge of the tarmac trade would be driven swiftly to the fern over here.