Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incubator for Queen Cells.

Blog Entries

Hi
    I use a really old egg incubator, no need to worry about humidity, as long as there is a water supply there (with enough surface area) the humidity is a function of the temperature..
    It looks an awful lot like this:
    http://sell.bizrice.com/selling-lead...ator-eggs.html used 5€ out of the newspaper.. Seeing it can be bought from 4$ just ruined my day.

Thank you all for your comments - they are helpful. I shall either buy a commercially produced model and do the slight modifications required or build one from scratch if quality controls and heating element can be sourced. I would install a relay to switch on an auxiliary heat source in the event of failure of the primary. Primarily I want an incubator for my own interest, I like experimenting. There is also the attraction of using it to help a bee breeding group which hopefully will be established in the not too distant future - previous moves to do were scuppered by a less than helpful gentleman with his own agenda.
    One more thing, if anyone knows where the necessary electro-mechanical parts can be obtained, please post. I have some addresses, but more would be better.

Hi Dark Bee
    Ebay has lots of egg incubators and kits if you wanted to build your own.
    Some incubators use a fan some don't some are transparent lids some with just a small viewing window
    digital humidity meters are about £6-00