Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New BIBBA website

Default New BIBBA website

...and forum. Looks nice on first impressions. I'm as bit surprised they haven't announced it to their membership by email.

https://www.bibba.org.uk/content.php

Blog Entries

Tried to register 4 times in a row without success.
    Did you have any joy?

I managed fine Jon. I did use my BIBBA number although they say you don't have to. Did you know they've got a Facebook page as well now (with not much stuff on it and not too many likes)? That's where I noticed the new website was up and running

Blog Entries

I've tried to register about 8 times now and the form does not retain info so you have to start from scratch every time.
    I'll check out the Facebook page

I did have to have a couple of go's Jon but all that it deleted between attempts was the password fields and the Ts and Cs acceptance at the bottom. And the letter jumble thing that I so detest. And you do have to put something in the BIBBA number field

Facebook is here http://www.facebook.com/pages/BIBBA/515212575167652

Blog Entries

I did use my Bibba number - all to no avail.
    Sometimes it can take a couple of tries to get past the letter jumble but I am not so myopic that I could have read them wrong 8 times in a row!
    I most got a message indicating that I must be a spammer.

Hmmm...maybe it's having teething troubles. It looks like the admin person is maybe working on it. And the content seems a bit sparse at the moment. Maybe try number 9 will be the charm?!

Blog Entries

Worked first time for me though I now have to wait for someone to authorise the account before I can post anything

I have no idea where I'd find my membership number though.

Now I've had a bit of a potter I like the site, unlike a certain other organisation beginning with B, their site works on all my devices and is easy to find stuff on. Probably cost a few quid less too.
    Last edited by Neils; 10-02-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Uses Vbulletin for the forum same as here which is a step up from the bbka site
    Last edited by Jon; 10-02-2013 at 08:26 PM.

It looks as if it has potential. The key is whether it generates the amount of forum traffic to make it a useful resource. Still surprised there was no form of communication to say it was up and running - just a bit odd.