Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask me anything: Bees

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I thought head shaking was perfectly normal.
    I have a mental picture of DR shaking his head like a horse at any opportunity.
    rude!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    There was also some concern that OSR pollen was causing problems for horses and was a possible cause of head-shaking. The stuff certainly makes me sneeze so very glad there's none here!
    At one time there was a minimum distance from homes that could be planted
    I don't know if that still applies because I see it planted right up to garden fences
    and does it have to all be yellow can't we inject some other colours like with runner beans

mbc
    there was some debate about whether old comb was best replaced with new and somehow it got tangled up with Apistan and similar residues
    I wonder if you might be right and renewing comb should be all or nothing

The forum is very quiet where is everyone?are they preparing for the state funeral ? ( I didn't get an invite)
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 14-04-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    The forum is very quiet where is everyone?
    Still hibernating!

Default Ask me anything: Bees

Playing catch up my bees are bucketing pollen in before 9am this morning and in huge numbers!
    Typical I have other things to do(pre booked) when I should be inspecting the bees and piling on the supers!
    WW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Beecraft subscription has run out at a time when the magazine has just hit a new low
    Can you suggest an alternative ?

Blog Entries

Default Ask me anything: Bees

Scottish Beekeeper.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

What - you mean you've been missing out on the joys of the letters page in the SBA mag DR?!!

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Scottish Beekeeper.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

drumgerry

What - you mean you've been missing out on the joys of the letters page in the SBA mag DR?!!
    Ah !, yes, well, apparently when you leave SBA you stop getting the magazine (my knowledge of GM crops has suffered badly as a result)
    I was thinking of doing a U turn and re-joining but ,and I happy to be corrected here, I would have to cough up a full subscription then again in January only 6 months later-- so might as well leave it till then
    How about Bee Culture or Beekeepers Quarterly -- anybody get them

I get the American Bee Journal and it's a great read if you're not so bothered about getting UK-specific information. Highly recommend it. I ordered direct from Dadants and saved a bit of dosh rather than getting it via Thornes

Quote Originally Posted by drumgerry View Post
    I get the American Bee Journal and it's a great read if you're not so bothered about getting UK-specific information. Highly recommend it. I ordered direct from Dadants and saved a bit of dosh rather than getting it via Thornes
    Thanks DrumGerry

I'll check that out online