I thought now would be a good time to start thinking about my plans for 2013 which gives me time to get most things ready for April (I'm wishing my life away here- but it can't come soon enough).
My main objective is to keep comprehensible hive records! They always start well but I can't seem to keep that going past mid June. More focus needed next year.

Do I expand next year? My original apiary will be available for me again in spring so will split the existing hives between the 2, but I'm thinking my priority is making sure every colony has a friendly strain of bee before increasing hive numbers.

Swarm control v's swarm prevention: I've always used a variant of the pagden method but the draw backs are relying on the weather being suitable and catching those developing queen cells at the right time. I think it's time to try a swarm prevention method to widen my experience and to see if it would suit me better.

I'm planning to make my own foundation using our associations equipment to fill those additional brood chambers that I'll need to fit out.

And last but not least, in my 'high level' view of my plan is to take some bees to the heather. Every year I have wanted to do this but for this reason or that, it's not been possible. So another ambition carried onto the next year.

I'm planning all this, then it gets to May, the bees will have their input and everything will turn on it's head.

What's everyone else planning or hoping to achieve next season?