View Poll Results: What Associations do you belong to?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • SBA

16 47.06%
  • BBKA

15 44.12%
  • UBKA

3 8.82%
  • WBKA

0 0%
  • BIBBA

10 29.41%
  • IBRA

7 20.59%
  • BFA

3 8.82%
  • Other

13 38.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you a member of?

Now a member of the Polar Bear Club.

From what I heard last year at Penrith from the President I think it was, and I freely admit I didn't hear all of it, it seems BIBBA has rather given up on the ideal of AMM.

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

Quote Originally Posted by greengumbo View Post
    ... they are stuck in a bygone era and have little to do with the modern plight of beekeepers. ...
    What is the 'modern plight' of beekeepers, GG? Varroa? If so, what should the various committees be doing that they're not doing?
    Kitta

Hey Kitta, Didn'e mean that to come across as thinking they were useless or anything ! It was just a general feeling I got from talking to other members I have met at the honey show, spring convention and a few other meetings. Many seemed to think that much of the BBKA committee meetings were point of orders on who can vote for what and minor adjustments to subsection 3 paragraphs 2 and such like and not really focused on the big issues. I like the approach of some of the breakaway associations in forming EARS, who I think were feeling a bit shackled at the umming and aahhhing of the BBKA. I'm relatively new to all this so I can't make any definitive comments on what they should be doing more of though ! I dont have any personal issue with BBKA, I was just making a wee point from what I hear and the fact that I can't really afford 3 memberships made me reconsider !

hope I'm not messing up the poll
    Because I'm not a member of any organisation I voted other ?

Blog Entries

Wow! Thanks for giving this thread a nudge DR. Thirty folk have responded. I'm impressed. Really interesting to see the spread across the national associations. Also surprising (to me) to see three BFA members here. I was aware of one, and am pleased that he's not alone.

There are probably others here who have not voted yet (some people don't like polls, that's OK) - for example I'm pretty sure that there will be a couple of WBKA members. One anyway.

Great to have it confirmed that this forum does have a Scottish beekeeper slant, that it draws in folk from other national associations too, and that it also reaches a fair number of beekeepers who are not (yet anyway) members of one of the national associations.