Thread: Another British Site

Default Another British Site

After attending Dave Cushman's funeral I was concerned at how his material was going to be both preserved and maintained. To that end I set up my site which has the bulk of the pages, some 300 based on Dave's material with where needed my comments. Above that I am gathering in where I can material from Bernard Mobus, nothing of which I can argue with, and I intend spending some time in the library at the SAC to see if I can find any more of his material. the librarian there now realises they have dropped a major clanger.

I am intending my site to grow over time with the addition of video especially as if a picture is worth a thousand words what is a film worth? Depending on content obviously...lol. I intend for instance to do a week by week comparison by video of "working the broodbox" with one hive and let alone with another to demonstrate the value of using the hive tool in Spring. I have particular concerns that so many videos on youtube are North American where the climate is somewhat better than ours.

www.poly-hive.co.uk

Enjoy

Pete

Blog Entries

After attending Dave Cushman's funeral I was concerned at how his material was going to be both preserved and maintained.
    No need to worry. Dave Cushman made a specific request in his will that he wanted Roger Patterson to look after and maintain his website.
    They were close friends.

Well and truly bookmarked PH. I think it's especially admirable that you're going to keep Dave's stuff up to date rather than preserved in aspic. Good luck with it.

Indeed Jon but it was not known at that time.

I am aiming a bit higher than just preserving the best of Daves site. As I say on mine Dave had the "apparent" ambition to chart every type of bee kit known to man, I am after highlighting what really works, and works well. Bit of a difference in tack there. jI am after building a library of videos to show people what works and also to illustrate techniques that are not so well known.

PH