The short answer to the other two is no they don't. They technically both belong to other guy I work with. 1 is colony with a lot of chalkbrood throughout last season, the other is our "entertaining" swarm colony from last year that was still superseding queens into september. That being said, it made it through winter so maybe we should give them some credit. I've not inspected either so I'm only going on word of mouth but I understand both colonies were down to around two to three seams of bees a couple of weeks back.

Considering the relative strength of mine going into winter I'm kind of surprised that it's come through as strong as it has. Despite the chalkbrood the other colony was on brood and half, and needing it, so it's a shame to see it come through so badly.

I guess I should append to the "What I learned in my first year" post "Keep good records", I didn't last year which is perhaps why I was a little hasty to slap Apiguard on. I know I treated last year and I know I was surprised by the mite drop during the treatment compared to what I thought I should see as a result of the weekly drop but that's as much information as I could tell you so I was hoping to start this year with a clean slate knowing that the Varroa Levels should be low (and I'm keeping better records this time around).