Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Third party services

Blog Entries

wow, come to Germany I'll give tuition for half that and throw in the beer for free!

Blog Entries

I can't comment on the quality of their tuition
    That's why I think the BKA should be the vehicle for tuition as beekeeping is full of big egos who think they know better than everyone else whether they get the results or provide an adequate service. Don't worry Neil, not thinking of you!

I was at a committee meeting of my BKA yesterday evening.
    Sometimes I disagree with other committee members on issues and I expect people to disagree with me if they think any proposals I have are not viable. That seems to me to be a perfectly healthy situation.
    Beekeepers need to work together within an organization towards common goals - and in an ideal world neighbouring associations have similar goals. If they don't, it is good to get together to sort out the common ground. This can be difficult when not everyone is a team player.
    Last night we spent a lot of the meeting discussing queen rearing and nuc supply. This is one area where a coordinated programme will trump the individual every time as the nucs are largely standardised for quality and are not made up with a mish mash of mongrel and imported queens.
    The proposal is to supply nucs which remain at the association apiary for a while while the beginners get a few weeks tuition re. their management.

Default Third party services

[QUOTE
    At least one of our committee members offers private lessons starting at £40/hour per person, for small groups of up to 6 people. I can't comment on the quality of their tuition.[/QUOTE]

Aye, there's a lot of it about! Dodgy supply and overwhelming demand recently.