Mulling things over as much as anything.

I'm considering setting up shop, quite literally, selling both honey/bee related products to "the public" and also offering products and services to Beekeepers.

There's no point trying to compete with the likes of Thorne and maisemore, fully accept that, I was thinking more along the lines of offering honey extraction, frame cleaning (I hesitate to use the word sterilisation), wax processing and perhaps bottling.

In terms of cost to use those services I was thinking that asking a % of the harvest might be preferable to charging a set fee. That, hopefully, makes it attractive to the 1-2 hive beekeeper while ensuring that raw materials keep coming in.

So the questions are, assuming I opened this close enough to make it interesting, and assuming you haven't already got all the kit:

1) would a DIY extraction facility in a commercial grade food preparation area, with motorised extractors be of interest to people?

2) likewise a facility where you could drop off brood boxes and supers full of old frames and get them back cleaned up with processed wax?

3) in terms of paying for service like that is a flat fee of cold hard cash preferable or would giving over a % of the total be easier?

4) if a % is preferable is a simple flat % than a sliding scale?

4a) if a flat rate is preferable, how much, for half a day, would you consider a fair rate? Lets pick, for arguments sake £20 on the assumption you bring the buckets etc and have to clean the gear at the end.