Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Countryfile and friendly bees

I noticed yet anotherr BBC presenter getting stung. With the cut backs it would seem the Beeb can't afford a pair of wellies. What a farce.

I think he just liked playing with the smoker. Perhaps he felt it wold give him more protection.
    Nice little piece.

On the edge of a mature pine forest, Kingussie, Inverness-shire

Default Countryfile and friendly bees

Yes agree about the smoker, security blanket of smoke. Silly to get stung though, lazy work by the costume department, presumably they are all rented out to Strictly to sew on the beads and sequins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Refreshingly different, judicious use of smokers not withstanding. Difficulties down to the weather? surely not. DO think they missed an opportunity to some extent, but it was pretty interesting without needing to resort to hyperbole.

Blog Entries

It was indeed (refreshingly different). For those not up to speed with 1980s Scottish pop culture, the presenter Dougie Vipond, also doing football programmes on the telly, first forged his way in the world behind the drum kit of Deacon Blue. Just thought you'd like to know. You can catch his phizog around 2:18 and elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Blimey, I'd forgotten about about them.

In my other life as a Kayak instructor based in Glasgow I was asked by BBC Scotland and The Forth & Clyde canal group if I could arrange a kakak session for an ouitdoor piece they wanted to film. On the day of the filming the crew turned up with Dougie Vipond. It was a windy day and after one of the camera men had to be taken to A&E after getting some dust in his eye we got down to the safety talk and what to do in the event of a capsize. Dougie was all dressed in denin which is not that good a material for kayaking in but he insisted in looking cool. At one point I refused to take him on the canal unless he at least wore the bouyancy aid. The shot all set up and Dougie proceeded to be paddling through the new canal bridge at Firhill but with the wind it was like a wind tunnel so he shot through too fast. So it was cut and had to be done again this time with me attached with a rope to the back of his Kayak and back paddling to slow him down. One of my instructions was to keep looking ahead but as Dougie passed the camera he continued to look into the lens. You guessed it he went for a swim. After fishing him out. It was not that easy with all that wet denin the crew decided they had enough. The excuse was they could not risk getting another expensive radio mic wet not the fact that Dougie was standing on the bank getting hypothermia. To this day I watch all the tv takeout and bloomers to see if the clip ever appears.