View Poll Results: Have you signed the petition yet?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as I want to eliminate pesticides that harm bees from our environment

1 33.33%
  • No, the corporations should be allowed to sell whatever they think is best for us.

1 33.33%
  • Not yet, as I don't understand what's really going on.

1 33.33%

Thread: Petition to ban neonics: Please sign & spread if you want to save our bees

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Easy beesy View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly that we would be better off nutritionally and environmentally if we grew organically, pest- herb-and every other -icide free, so why not petition for the positive, I'm sure you would garner much more support that way.
    A simple step all livestock farmers should take would be to include a range of herbs/deeper-rooted species in their reseed mixtures.

The benefits are severalfold: minerals are raised up to become available to stock, insects thrive,leguminous plants fix free nitrogen to boost yields, early flowering herbs benefit bees etc.

This does require a slight change in mindset for both farmers and seed producers. But the idea of an increased bespoke industry of farmers growing chicory, phacelia,plantains,sweet clover,etc for seed production seems quite attractive to me.
    Last edited by Johnthefarmer; 01-10-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: herbal remedies.