Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doing the exams...

th

Thankyou Lindsay. Probably the easiest solution to my presentation problem on Friday would be for me to hand it over to you, but that might not be acceptable to the powers that bee! Besides, I think you have your own to do. See you Friday.

Blog Entries

How did the presentations go guys?

Default Went well. Some absentees.

All those who attended did fine- Torquill, me, Sue etc. The most notable missing figure, with no apology, was Lindsay who will clearly have to atone and grovel to the group to re-establish his high status. Yes, a pleasant evening where I think we all learnt something, if only local gossip. Lindsay,
    it's safest to attend these hornets' nests.....
    Last edited by Johnthefarmer; 25-10-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Blog Entries

I understand that the Orkney gang attending the Fife breeding meeting next month is growing almost by the day. We'd better put on a good show!

Our local committee here is no hornet's nest, but I ought to admit that I made an *extra* attempt to join a committee meeting tonight. The meetings have shifted from Mondays to Tuesdays, and I managed to forget. Doh!

But I'm drifting off the topic now ...

Blog Entries

Basic Beemaster Query
    I have decided that next year I will take the plunge for the Basic Beemaster, it's always good to spend some of the cold winter months studying. However I do have a query on this, as the dates quoted on the SBA website state the 23rd March and the 9th November. Am I having a semi senior moment here ? Those 2 months can be particularly cold and stormy here on the West coast and I would not consider opening the hive and the risk of chilling the bees during those months. Or perhaps the dates are flexilble ? Any help appreciated. Thank - you.

Blog Entries

Default Doing the exams...

Hi Marion,

The date of the basic exam is agreed by you and the examiner for it to be held during the bee keeping season. The dates above are for the written modules.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Hi Emse - Thanks for that - I must have understood that Module 1 referred to the Basic - that's ok then.