PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Bees Plan 11th Quarterly Newsletter

HealthyBeesPlan
30-07-2012, 02:20 PM
For all those who haven't already seen it please click the below link to view the July edition of the Healthy Bees Plan quarterly newsletter.

https://secure.fera.defra.gov.uk/beebase/index.cfm?sectionid=41

Neils
31-07-2012, 01:44 AM
I know this is a shot in the dark and if it was for much else I'd be sending a warning about hit and run posts, but HealthybeesPlan, do you happen to drop by after posting these links?

For what it's worth I think the newsletter is worth a look, it's well presented and has some interesting information in it. I'm not entirely sure I agree with the advice on feeding, but I'm a 7 day inspection person so the thought of giving 5 litres of 2:1 syrup as an "emergency" strikes me as excessive. A reasonable sized colony with enough space will take any quantity of feed down "very quickly". Ive seen one of mine take a litre and a half out of a feeder in a couple of hours.

I agree with the reasoning, not necessarily the method.

gavin
31-07-2012, 07:08 AM
In case Nellie's comments are taken otherwise, I very much welcome posts by those in the system - whether they stay around for discussion or not. If I remember correctly I was asked before the first FERA post if this was OK, and it seemed like a great service to those reading the forum. Hit and run posts are welcome if they are about beekeeping and don't belittle anyone.

Neils
31-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Sorry my bad, I think the links are useful and I'm happy to see them being posted, I was just wondering whether the person/s who posts them actually lurked and/or was able to respond to comments/questions on the content.

gavin
31-07-2012, 06:21 PM
No, my bad! Make sure I buy you a pint in Stirling in September ....

You too Healthybeesplan if you are coming, whoever you are.