PDA

View Full Version : " It happened to me " - your funny beekeeping moments.

marion.orca
11-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm sure many will have some of those funny moments whilst beekeeping, that you can look back on and have a real good giggle about. So wouldn't it be a great idea to share them with others. I'm sure those with a lot more years under their belt than my own new beginnings will have many a story to recount. I'll kick off with this one that I've entitled 'SNOT SO FUNNY.
I had a lovely peaceful afternoon spent doing a hive inspection recently. The sun was glorious, the birds singing and the girls were going about their business quite contentedly and the hive was calm and peaceful. All was well. I wandered away to take off my suit and get ready to leave this scene of tranquility. BUT, a busy little bee had been watching me all along - just waiting for that opportune moment. She Kamikazed her way straight to my face - zapped my cheek - and quickly proceeded to the nearest dark cavity available - which just happened to be my right nostril ! Not a pleasant experience, but one I can laugh about now.

Jon
11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
I have posted this before but I had a hive swarm and 15 minutes later the swarm returned but on checking a couple of days later it was queenless.
I found her 3 weeks later under the open mesh floor.

1106 1107 1108 1109

marion.orca
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Not a place you would automatically think of checking. Somewhere to think about if it ever should happen again though !