PDA

View Full Version : Bee-L

Neils
26-05-2012, 02:19 AM
We mention it quite a lot on here, I've received it for 2+ years but never posted a thing on it.

I think it's one of the most valuable, passive, resources I've encountered, but I think I'd struggle to describe it.

Any takers?

The link to it is here btw (http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/default.htm) create a new email address for it would be my advice.

Jon
26-05-2012, 06:56 AM
And all posts are pre moderated so there is neither spamming nor troll posts to wade through.
It is quite US-centric although there are posters from all over the world.
It is the forum where Randy Oliver posts and also several of the US bee researchers such as Jerry Bromenshenk.
The potato man from Perth also puts in the odd appearance.
It is hard to navigate and sometimes I spend ages looking for a thread or a particular post from a couple of months back.
It is quite unforgiving with regard to wooly thinking or pet theories which probably puts off a lot of posters.
If you claim you have a way to control varroa, small cell or something like that, you will be asked for chapter and verse and proper data to backup your claim.
It is the antithesis of somewhere like biobees.com where everyone is talking about thymol strings and sugar dusting without providing a shred of evidence that they have any effect on varroa.
It's not a place for chit chat or banter.
But still one of the best places to find bee related information on the internet.

Neils
26-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Web 2.0 it certainly isn't!

I have it delivered to a specific email address. A good email client for searching definitely comes in handy.