PDA

View Full Version : Bees please

stwdv
04-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I have after 6years in the Highlands lost my bees this winter.
I now need some more.
Is there anywhere in Scotland that I can buy 2 colonies from, the people from Englandshire say its too far up here!!!
I did explain to them we recently have got electricity.

Trog
04-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Sorry to hear that. I think it's been a tough winter for the girls - and not over yet. Roughly, where are you?

You have electricity! You mean you don't have to generate it yourself by putting the bees on a treadmill? Strange the attitude of that county to the south. My mother in law asked if we had somewhere we could go to buy meat!

POPZ
04-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Hello Stwdv. Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it of some use. Ask plenty of questions and share your thoughts.

Sorry to hear about the losss of your colony(s), but you are not alone. I gather that it is becoming a rather familiar story up here this winter. Folk will be looking for bees! I am not the right person to answer your query about where you might get some more but I am sure you may get an answer later today, if there is one! Where in the Highlands do you live?

All the best - POPZ

gavin
04-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Stwdv

Welcome from me too! I can make a suggestion which I'll do later by PM. Any idea what happened to your colonies? Winter losses are always a great way to learn something about what went wrong.

best wishes

Gavin