PDA

View Full Version : Offer of Co-Apiary-Habitation

HJBee
05-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi

I am setting up a Hive in a newly acquired space in Quarriers Village, Renfrewhsire. Any other NewBees interested in setting up and are struggling to place their hive can contact me to discuss sharing the space and helping each other during the learning curve. Site approved by Ian Craig!

Jon
05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Sounds good. A bet you get a few who bite your hand off at the offer. You would be best to agree on what type of bee you are going to keep to keep to minimize the chance of unpredictable hybrid crosses. You would not want Buckfast, Carnica and AMM in the same apiary.

HJBee
05-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Good point, will ensure they get approved by the Local Club Secretary!

gavin
05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Excellent offer, I hope that you find someone. Having a beekeeping buddy is always a good idea, though I would be selective not just about the bees but also the beekeeper. The friend of mine who got me into beekeeping a long time ago was much less careful with the bees than I was happy with - so we shared a heather site bit I was happy to do my other beekeeping independently.

Did I manage to catch you in one of the photos in the Communication in Bees thread lower down in the Local Associations area?

G.

Neils
05-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Gavin, are you happy that we promote this (or the blog post) to an article so that it'll appear on the front page as well?

HJBee
05-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Yes unfortunately!!

gavin
05-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Well if you are uncomfortable about your picture being on the web then let me know and I'll pixelate you (and we'll all know who you are then!).

In the meantime, and until I can pump Ems for information, I'll assume that you're the old bloke behind Ian!

Go ahead if you like Nellie.

Neils
06-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Being a bit of a spanner I forgot the front page has blog posts (and form posts) already on it!

HJBee
24-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Found someone interested from my local club. Bees are from the same source as mine will be and will hopefully get some experience & pointers as part of the bargain!

Neils
24-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Sounds good HJbee, hope it works out.