PDA

View Full Version : Police Appeal posted today

kevboab
04-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Appeal for info after beehive stolen
Thursday, 04th August 2011

Send to a friend | Printable version

Police are appealing for information after a beehive was stolen from a field in Lochearnhead.

The theft took place sometime between 6pm on Friday July 29 and 2pm on Monday August 1. The hive was in a field on the south side of South Loch Earn Road close to the junction with the A84.

A Central Scotland Police spokeswoman said: “The person who did this clearly knew what they were doing and what they were looking for as this hive was not active and posed no threat.

“This is the second time that beehives in this area have been targeted. A number of honeycombs and frames were stolen from a beehive in May.

“We appeal for anyone who knows anything about these crimes to come forward.”

Anyone with information can contact Central Scotland Police on 01786 456000 or information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

gavin
04-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi Kev

Sorry to hear of this. Was the hive yours? If you'd like the email addresses of the secretaries of the Fortingall group and the Dunblane and Stirling group, let me know.

Gavin

kevboab
05-08-2011, 07:48 PM
No. Not one of mine. Found the appeal on central scotland police site yesterday. Just thought i'd share it for those who hadnt seen it and to raise awareness for beeks nearby. Sad story though.