PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined

honeylover
25-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Everybody,

Just joined today and I belong to my local association and have 5 colonies at present.
I think this forum is a good idea, it should allow the exchange of beekeeping knowledge between us all and thereby hopefully protect and inform us as to how best to manage our stocks into the future.:D

honeylover:D

Calum
25-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi
I just joined yesterday. I have 16 colonies here in south Germany. The forum is an excellent idea. I am an active member of the local association (www.bienenzuchtverein-lindau.de) and the German (www.landlive.de) offical forum.

POPZ
26-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Honeylover and Calum - good to see that you have come aboard. Welcome to the forum, and it appears to have an international flavour already (Calum). What you say Honeylover, regarding exchange of information between us here in Scotland, is really important. There are considerable differences between 'them ones' south of the border and us lot up here.
All the best to you both POPZ

Calum
26-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Popz, you are right regarding the exchange of information, I think a live chat would also be excellent. Them ones south of the boarder and further a field can certeinly learn something from the scottish beekeeping knowledge. But maybe also take away some learning from the exchange of ideas an practices!

gavin
26-02-2010, 11:07 PM
From seeing live chat elsewhere I agree and think that we should try it one day, but for now we probably have too few active members to make it work. Maybe in the spring when interest picks up a bit more?

Calum
27-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Good point Gavin, though when the spring comes the work picks up as well! :)