PDA

View Full Version : Hush !

GRIZZLY
21-07-2011, 08:54 AM
This forum has gone very quiet - bad weather stopped beekeeping ?.:confused:

gavin
21-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Or everybody too busy making up super frames for the nectar pouring in and shifting bees to the hills?! Activity on the forum always was a bit variable. Feel free to liven it up though John!

Trog
21-07-2011, 09:23 AM
And making up brood frames for yet another split! Thankfully our bees shift themselves to the hills - just over the garden wall!

gavin
21-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Bees have a June gap; internet beekeeping has a July gap?

Calum
21-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Spent last weekend harvesting. The wasps are trying to get into the hives so its over here.
The varroa infestation is immense here, so I need to get my skates on and feed os I can treat them.

Adam
21-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Bramble flow finished for me. I have one spare super - all the others are on the hives and are full; it's been a good year for honey for me - just the luck of the weather and thanks to the farmer who sowed OSR for me! I am not bragging as I now have a problem...
Some clearer boards are on so I can take some supers off and empty them. I can then return them for cleaning and to give space in the hives so I can get some more off. I will have the problem that I won't have any spare supers to use as ekes for feeding. I guess I'll have to put cleaned super frames in cardboard boxes and seal them in bags so I've got supers available; then see if I can get some more.

I'm tempted to get some cheapies of ebay but I know they won't be as good as 'proper ones' from the good suppliers.