PDA

View Full Version : Henk Tennekes

Jon
12-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I thought the good Dr. Tennekes claimed that the bugs in Holland had been wiped out by Imidacloprid.

Maybe he isn't driving fast enough to see them on his windscreen.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/12/us-dutch-insects-idUSTRE76B4YK20110712

gavin
12-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Now *that* is an insect holocaust, 133 billion per month. I'll bet all those Dutch cyclists swallow a few as well.

Jon
12-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Most cyclists seem to pop pills or do illegal blood transfusions as opposed to browsing on the buglife of the Netherlands.
It does put all that holocaust crap into perspective though as we are supposed to believe that all the insects have been killed by toxic pesticide stuff and then suddenly 133 billion per month come out of the wood work to plaster themselves on car windscreens.
One of the favourite images conjured up by the anti pesticide campaigners is the allegation that you don't get insects on the car windscreen any more. I have read that over and over again on all the bee forums and various other worthy sites.

My advice to you guys - go to Holland and ride sidecar with Henk. Keep your mouth closed though.

Calum
13-07-2011, 02:30 PM
you dont get bugs on windshields so much because of much improved areodynamics.
But the ones you do get are bigger and splatter better.