PDA

View Full Version : Gavin’s idea of the SB magazine and the Forum in Sync., in Action!

Eric McArthur
02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
It would be among other things useful as device for displaying complicated and coloured diagrams to complement articles in the magazine and to highlight errors and typos.
One such case in the February issue on page 51, at the foot of the right hand column; the last paragraph has gone through the mincer – it should read:
"As previously described breeding is carried out using a preponderance of very small Lines with a comparatively small total of breeding stock. Line specific breeding targets are not discernible, as a rule no distinct Line discipline exists. There is only minimal evidence within the Lines of any long term planning. Besides which there is a lack of cooperation and specific goals in Line breeding".
Eric

gavin
02-02-2011, 09:03 PM
I did suggest to Nigel very recently that we could use the forum server to act as a repository for additional information associated with magazine articles. Many scientific journals now have this facility on their websites. In the last few days I have been sorting some data that will be published alongside a paper coming out in the Annals of Botany (so no, not a bee paper). Nigel had other suggestions too, and we'll continue to discuss this. Nigel has circulated your correction by email, so I read that before I've seen the current issue!

I'm not entirely sure whether this should be under the www.SBAi.org.uk or the www.scottishbeekeepers.org.uk banner though. In some respects it doesn't really matter - we should be able to keep both addresses in the long run, even if the web and forum sites become integrated one day.

G.