PDA

View Full Version : Microscopy Course In Stirling

queenB
12-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Can somebody please help. There is a bee microscopy course advertised on the SBKA website Events page to be held in March at Stirling University and I would love to go....but I cant find any way of registering. I phoned the contact given in the beekeepers magazine but he is BBKA not SBKA and didnt seem familiar with SBKA website. He said to go onto BBKA and download the course application form, then send it to him. But this bee course isnt advertised on BBKA (being in Scotland) so I cant find the registration form there either. Can somebody please tell me what to do in order to reserve my place????

AlexJ
12-01-2011, 09:49 PM
QueenB,

The January Scottish Beekeeper magazine has details in the Education Update Section:

Cheque for £25 and address/telephone details to Ian Craig 'Education' (contact details inside front cover).
Alex

queenB
13-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Thankyou. Stirling...here I come!!

AlexJ
31-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Before it fades from memory I would like to thank those who organised and delivered the Microscopy Course in Stirling on the 12th March, the facilities and training were first class.

In general I learned to put the theory into practice, which is invaluable, and in particular my bees aren't suffering from Nosema and were foraging on gorse and probably hazel at the time (according to their stomach contents).

In terms of consolidating learning and value for money I would recommend the course wholeheartedly to anyone.

Thanks all,

Alex