PDA

View Full Version : Snowed in ????

GRIZZLY
30-11-2010, 11:08 AM
So far we've had no snow and wall to wall sunshine.VERY very cold tho'.The bees haven't been lured out by the bright sun thank goodness. I'm waiting for a few days yet before applying the Oxalic acid treatment - just to give any remaining brood time to emerge.I guess the Queen has finally stopped laying now.Just as well I added 50mm of slab foam to the top of the hive for insulation a couple of weeks ago to keep the girls a bit warmer. :cool: :cool: :cool:

GRIZZLY
03-12-2010, 01:13 PM
So far we've had no snow and wall to wall sunshine.VERY very cold tho'.The bees haven't been lured out by the bright sun thank goodness. I'm waiting for a few days yet before applying the Oxalic acid treatment - just to give any remaining brood time to emerge.I guess the Queen has finally stopped laying now.Just as well I added 50mm of slab foam to the top of the hive for insulation a couple of weeks ago to keep the girls a bit warmer. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Snow at last.Having gone all round us and missed us since the bad weather started, it's finally reached us.Settling well but not deep. I suppose the usual chaos caused by snow will ensue.Is it still snowing in the East?

gavin
03-12-2010, 01:36 PM
We have had yet more this morning! Not a large amount, but enough to freshen up the Christmas Card look of the place again.

Looking at the Scottish Weather Network (http://www.scottishweather.net/) of live online stations we are currently at -4C and were at -13.5C last night. Edinburgh and Aberdeen reported a couple of degrees colder. The central heating was on all through the night and the windows still iced up.

We've just cancelled our LA talk for Monday as although the main routes are running well now we think that many members will still be unable to escape onto the main roads. And as our speaker was going to be Graeme we were letting him in for a long and unpleasant journey.

G.

Jon
03-12-2010, 01:36 PM
We got a slap this morning as well. Just two or three inches.

Hugh
03-12-2010, 05:05 PM
It start snowing in Falkirk last Saturday and it has not stopped yet. Its been on and off all the time, about 12" to 20" here and 3 feet out in the countryside!

Got the Bee club AGM next Tuesday night but if it stays cold I'll just stay at home because all the trains are off heading north.