PDA

View Full Version : Sending honey by post

Mellifera Crofter
01-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Can somebody recommend a postal/delivery service for sending honey? I've looked at several options, and they all exclude food. I've looked at Parcelforce, MyHermes, various Collect plus options (Yodel) - none of them will take honey. I want to send ten 1lb jars - so, I don't want to lose them in the post.
Kitta

Poly Hive
01-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Pack it very well, preferably in custom made packaging, and fib a bit about contents, which is not really an issue as honey hardly counts as DG's and I am qualified to say that.

PH

fatshark
01-12-2017, 09:33 PM
I've used MyHermes and whatever service the post office offers over the counter ... I fibbed a bit (as suggested above) to MyHermes but told the PO lady exactly what the contents were ... and she said she'd buy some as well. Result.

Bridget
02-12-2017, 09:27 AM
In the post office I said it was honey and no problem. I had no idea you couldn’t send it as I send it all the time by post and by courier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mellifera Crofter
02-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Thanks all. I’ll fib a bit. Perhaps just ‘presents’. Kitta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madasafish
03-12-2017, 01:47 PM
I use the Post Office. Well wrapped in bubble wrap. No issues.

Bridget
04-12-2017, 09:36 PM
My family eat so much honey and I have to send to France and Yorkshire I put some of it into plastic tubs with a no tamper lid. Lighter and safer to send.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The Drone Ranger
08-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Can somebody recommend a postal/delivery service for sending honey? I've looked at several options, and they all exclude food. I've looked at Parcelforce, MyHermes, various Collect plus options (Yodel) - none of them will take honey. I want to send ten 1lb jars - so, I don't want to lose them in the post.
Kitta

https://www.thorne.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2113

Poly Hive
08-12-2017, 08:24 PM
That would work but also technically (having peeped at the PO regs) one should also use an appropiate amount of absorbent matterial. ;)

PH